We are seeking an experienced, tech savvy, FT SR Cloud Bookkeeper to join an established accounting firm in this hybrid position working 35 hrs/wk, with 1-2 days at the office. This role is managing the firm’s bookkeeping as well as some clients. Our client is downtown Toronto with the closest TTC stop at Queen St. West @ John St and subway stop at Queen St. West @ University.
Why is this a great place to work?
- Work week is 35 hrs/wk
- Bonus potential for someone with the desire to work hard
- Opportunity to grow within the firm; willing to train if you’re willing to learn
- Progressive growing organization that prioritizes delivering value to clients so they can reach their goals
The accounting professionals we are looking for will be/have:
- Ability to organize record keeping using technology to streamline invoicing
- Excited about accounting and bookkeeping and looking forward to the challenges that come with it
- Professional, yet personable, in communication with internal and external clients
- Strong ability to maintain professional judgment, integrity, and confidentiality
- Comfort with taking on difficult or messy company file and getting caught up for tax time
- Top level attention to detail and accountability for the work you produce, maintain and manage
- Confident and comfortable working independently and in a collaborative team environment, giving and welcoming feedback and support to your colleagues
The responsibilities in this role will be:
- Full-Cycle Bookkeeping for the firm itself and some clients (includes collections, month-end and year-end preparation)
- Prepare and process payroll including government filings
- Sales tax calculations and government remittances for GST/HST, EHT, WSIB, Corporate taxes etc.
- Income tax preparation (T1, T2s)
- Complex file reviews and clean ups
- Regularly communicate with clients via email and phone
Qualifications & Technology skills that you need are:
- 5 years of full cycle bookkeeping experience
- Post-secondary education (college, university, trade) in accounting or bookkeeping (Certificate or diploma), resulting in strong knowledge of accounting fundamentals and GAAP
- Practical working experience with Quickbooks Online (minimum of 3 years)
- Knowledge of Receiptbank/Dext or similar software
- Knowledge of income tax preparation is an asset, but not required
- Experience in Karbon is an asset, but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Outlook
If this sounds like you and you would like to be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Only serious and qualified applicants will be considered. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted and will be required to complete accounting aptitude and software tests, provide proof of certification, as well as references.
We look forward to hearing from you!
A bit about Find Our Bookkeeper™
We are Watkin Small Business Services, a former accounting services firm that has developed a recruitment and referral services program called Find Our Bookkeeper™ where we work with businesses, and accounting firms, who are looking for skilled bookkeepers. We work to connect a business, or accounting firm, with a qualified, talented and driven bookkeeper that is the right fit for the business’ needs, industry and goals, and where the business is also a good fit for the bookkeeper. We are NOT a placement or employment agency.
To learn more about our program and how we work with businesses and bookkeepers go to https://findourbookkeeper.ca.
Apply for this position
**You must be located in Canada and legally able to work in Canada to be considered for any of our roles - even our remote roles require you to be located somewhere in Canada and some still require you be in certain cities; please read the description closely**