We are looking for a SR level bookkeeper (Remote) for our well-established bookkeeping firm client located in British Columbia that services clients remotely across the province and expanding across Canada. The candidate can be located anywhere in Canada.
This is a full-time job opportunity, working for 40/hrs week, remotely.
The bookkeeper we are looking for will be:
- Professional, yet personable, in communication with internal and external clients
- A dedicated team player who enjoys working with motivated individuals
- Organized and able to work independently while taking initiative
- Strong ability to maintain professional judgment
- Top level attention to detail and accountability for the work you produce and maintain
- Confident to work with multiple clients and deadlines across various industries, simultaneously
- Able to analyze a situation and investigate issues in order to resolve accurately
- Eager and has a growth and learning mindset; not afraid to ask questions and learn
- Comfortable in a tech savvy environment and can quickly learn and understand new applications
- Dedicated to business growth and passionate about accounting and bookkeeping, especially with cloud technology
The responsibilities in this role will be:
- Full–charge bookkeeping: end to end bookkeeping, up to trial balance figures, for multiple businesses/industries
- Payroll Management (including year-end forms and summaries)
- Sales tax calculations and remittances (GST/HST and PST for BC)
- Use of electronic document storage for processing (Dext/Receipt Bank)
Qualification that you need are:
- A minimum of 3-5 years accounting and bookkeeping experience, preferably within a multiple business support organization (i.e. you have worked on multiple clients’ accounts at any given time) such as another accounting firm or several bookkeeping roles at one time
- Experience with payroll management (asset)
- Experience with completing sales tax returns for GST/HST and PST (BC) (required)
- Post-secondary education in accounting or bookkeeping (certificate or diploma)
- Experience with QuickBooks Online (required)
- Experience with Karbon(asset)
- Experience with Dext/Receipt Bank or other AP/AR and Bill payments software (asset)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced abilities in Excel
Why is this a great place to work at?
- Well-established firm with opportunity to work with clients across Canada as the business grows
- Cloud based, Tech savvy organization that really loves working in bookkeeping
- Willing to train the right candidate in various areas to expand knowledge and skills
- Comfortable environment with team, sense of humour is encouraged!
If this sounds like you and you would like to be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter.
JOB ID: 0321-4