We are looking for SR Bookkeeper for our client, an accounting firm in St. Catharines. This is a full-time permanent position, 37.5 hours per week. There is flexibility to work remotely; applicants must live within driving distance to visit the office occasionally. Mentorship for CPA students is not available.
The accounting professionals we are looking for will be/have:
- Excited about accounting and bookkeeping and looking forward to the challenges that come with it
- Professional, yet personable, in communication with internal and external clients
- Strong ability to maintain professional judgment, integrity, and confidentiality
- Top level attention to detail and accountability for the work you produce, maintain and manage
- Confident and comfortable working independently and in a collaborative team environment, giving and welcoming feedback and support to your colleagues
The responsibilities in this role will be:
- Preparing bank reconciliations, A/R, A/P and payroll functions
- Processing government remittances and filings including HST, EHT, and payroll source deductions
- Working with clients and completing the relevant documentation for wage subsidies
- General client service and support in the realm of full cycle bookkeeping
- Period-end analysis and reviews
Qualifications & Technology skills that you need are:
- 4 years of Full Cycle Bookkeeping experience is required, preferably within a multiple business organization (i.e. you have worked on multiple clients’ accounts at any given time) such as another accounting firm
- Multiple year experience in preparing GST/HST filings and comfort with liaising with the CRA
- Post-secondary education (college, university, trade) in accounting or bookkeeping (Certificate or diploma), resulting in strong knowledge of accounting fundamentals and GAAP
- Experience using QuickBooks Online, QBO Pro Certificate an asset
- Experience using QuickBooks Desktop and Sage 50
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced abilities in Excel and Outlook
Why is this a great place to work at?
- Flexibility to work remotely or onsite
- Open and engaging workplace with a focus on work life balance
- Benefits package after probationary period
- Salary plus overtime
- Equipment is supplied
- Progressive organization that prioritizes delivering value to clients so they can reach their goals
If this sounds like you and you would like to be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Only serious and qualified applicants will be considered. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted and will be required to complete accounting aptitude and software tests, provide proof of certification, as well as references.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for this position
**You must be located in Canada and legally able to work in Canada to be considered for any of our roles - even our remote roles require you to be located somewhere in Canada and some still require you be in certain cities; please read the description closely**