We are looking for a Full-Time Bookkeeper for our client, a growing manufacturing/distribution/wholesale company in Peterborough, Ontario. This is a full-time permanent position, Monday to Friday, 40 hours/wk, at their Peterborough location.
Why is this a great place to work at?
- Excellent career growth potential for dedicated individual
- Health Benefits available after 3 month probationary period
The accounting professionals we are looking for will be/have:
- Professional, yet personable, in communication and not afraid to ask questions or recommend improvements
- Strong ability to maintain professional judgment, integrity, and quality control
- Top level attention to detail and accountability for the work you produce, maintain and manage
- Comfortable with a busy paper based environment and managing the bookkeeping for multiple divisions
- Effective and professional in communicating with clients, partners, and team verbally and in writing
- Committed and loyal with the desire to grow with the company
- Able to analyze a situation and investigate issues in order to resolve accurately
The responsibilities in this role will be:
- Full-Cycle Bookkeeping using QuickBooks Online
- Payroll Management – using QBO Payroll
- Specialized reporting for the various divisions
- Liaise with Tax Accountant and CRA representatives
- Preparation of month-end reports and assist with year-end preparation for accountant
Qualifications & Technology skills that you need are:
- 3-5 years of Accounting and bookkeeping is required, preferably with e-commerce experience
- Experience and comfort with liaising with the Tax Accountant and CRA
- Experience with A2X, Amazon and Shopify an asset
- Experience using QuickBooks Online with QBO Payroll
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office365, with advanced abilities in Excel
- Experience with Smartsheets an asset
If this sounds like you and you would like to be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Only serious and qualified applicants will be considered. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted and will be required to complete accounting aptitude and software tests, provide proof of certification, as well as references.
Apply for this position
**You must be located in Canada and legally able to work in Canada to be considered for any of our roles - even our remote roles require you to be located somewhere in Canada and some still require you be in certain cities; please read the description closely**