We are looking for a full time permanent, intermediate to senior level bookkeeper, for our client’s bookkeeping Firm in Ottawa.
For this fully remote role, the successful candidate can be located anywhere in Canada, but must be able to work EST hours. Mentorship for CPA students is not available. You must live in Canada and be legally able to work in Canada upon submission of your application.
The bookkeeper we are looking for will need to be:
- Professional, yet personable in communication with internal and external clients
- Extremely organized and able to work independently and maintain professional judgment with limited training and guidance
- Confident to work multiple clients across various industries, efficiently and effectively managing workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Top level attention to detail and accountability for the work you produce and maintain
- Willing, and excited, to learn new tasks and applications to support clients
The responsibilities in this role will be:
- Full cycle bookkeeping for multiple clients of various industries
- Maintenance of electronic document storage and data entry of records using Hubdoc
- Payroll management, including government remittances
- Preparation various tax remittances HST, WSIB and EHT
Qualification that you need are:
- 3 years accounting and bookkeeping experience, firm experience an asset
- 3 years experience with Quickbooks and Quickbooks Time (form. TSheets)
- Post-secondary education in accounting or bookkeeping
- Experience with Hubdoc, Plooto and Drop Box an asset
- Experience with Wagepoint and Ceridian an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced abilities in Excel
Why is this a great place to work at?
- Some health benefits after 3 month probationary period
- Organization that takes pride in its work, excels in internal growth
If this sounds like you and you would like to be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for this position
**You must be located in Canada and legally able to work in Canada to be considered for any of our roles - even our remote roles require you to be located somewhere in Canada and some still require you be in certain cities; please read the description closely**