We are looking for a full time permanent, Intermediate Bookkeeper, for our client, a well-established bookkeeping firm supporting businesses in the Okanagan Valley.
The successful candidate must be located within this area of BC, as this is an onsite role in Peachland, nicely positioned between Kelowna and Penticton, BC. Some remote work potential only after probationary period and confidence in work being provided.
Why is this a great place to work at?
- Flexible summer hours so you can spend more time enjoying the weather (4 day work week)
- Health Benefits
The bookkeeper we are looking for will need to be:
- Professional, yet personable, in communication with internal and external clients; strong English communication skills is a must
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong focus on client service and the ability to work independently and in a team environment, with the ability to keep a sense of humor
- Give top level attention to detail and accountability for the work they produce and maintain.
- Confident to work with multiple clients across various industries, simultaneously.
- Able to analyze a situation and investigate issues to resolve accurately and efficiently.
- Able to maintain focus on all work while multitasking in a busy, and potentially distracting, environment.
- Willing to undertake other general office administration work
The responsibilities in this role will be:
- Full charge bookkeeping: end to end bookkeeping for multiple businesses in various industries using Sage 50 (primarily) and QuickBooks
- GST/PST for BC; calculations and remittances
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual records and resulting reporting
- Handle client source documentation as necessary to complete bookkeeping or annual tax returns
Qualifications needed are:
- A minimum of 5 years of bookkeeping experience, preferably within a multiple business support organization (accounting or bookkeeping firm or multiple companies)
- Sound knowledge of GST/PST for BC (Required)
- Post-secondary education (diploma or degree) in accounting and/or bookkeeping (Asset)
- Willing and eager to learn new applications and tasks
Technology & Application knowledge needed:
- Proficiency in Sage 50 (Required)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced abilities in Excel (Required)
- Proficiency with personal tax software, like Tax Cycle (Asset)
- Familiarity with QB Online and QB Desktop (Asset)
Apply for this position
**You must be located in Canada and legally able to work in Canada to be considered for any of our roles - even our remote roles require you to be located somewhere in Canada and some still require you be in certain cities; please read the description closely**