We are looking for multiple pros for our client, an accounting firm in Montreal. We need JR level accounting clerks and SR level full-charge bookkeepers/staff accountants.
These are full-time permanent positions, 37.5 hours per week at their Montreal office space; you must have the ability to commute to the office in Montreal daily.
Bilingual – English/French is required
The accounting professionals we are looking for will be/have:
- Comfortable in a tech savvy environment and can quickly learn and understand new applications
- Willing to learn many new tasks and applications; we are happy to teach the right candidate
- Professional, yet personable, in communication with internal and external clients
- Strong ability to maintain professional judgment and integrity
- Top level attention to detail and accountability for the work you produce, maintain and manage
- Effective and professional in communicating with clients and partners verbally and in writing
- Committed and loyal with the desire to grow with the company
- Confident to work to work autonomously in a remote environment in support for multiple clients and deadlines across various industries, simultaneously
- Able to analyze a situation and investigate issues in order to resolve accurately; not afraid to ask questions or lend a hand to a coworker in need
The responsibilities in this role will be:
- Full-Cycle Bookkeeping (up to Trial Balance) for many different businesses
- Payroll Management for small to large sized organizations which includes weekly/bi-weekly processing and all government requirements monthly/annually (Federal and Quebec requirements)
- Sales tax calculations and government remittances for GST/HST, QST, EHT, etc.
- Use of electronic document storage/receipt management (Dext)
Qualifications & Technology skills that you need are:
- 1 – 5 years of Accounting and bookkeeping experience is required (depending upon role), preferably within a multiple business organization (i.e. you have worked on multiple clients’ accounts at any given time) such as another accounting firm
- Post-secondary education (college, university, trade) in accounting or bookkeeping (Certificate or diploma)
- Experience using XERO online accounting software for day-to-day business accounting for multiple businesses is preferred
- Experience using Sage 50 (Simply Accounting) software for day-to-day business accounting, as above
- Experience with Acomba would be beneficial, but willing to train
- Familiarity with integrated applications for XERO and Sage, such as Dext, etc.
- Other software where experience is preferred is Paypal, Square, Shopify, Amazon, Google Docs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced abilities in Excel and Outlook
Why is this a great place to work at?
- Casual atmosphere with flexible work schedule; not a high-pressure work environment
- Excellent career growth potential for someone who is willing to learn
- Forward thinking, growing organization moving more and more online
If this sounds like you and you would like to be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Only serious and qualified applicants will be considered. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted and will be required to complete accounting aptitude and software tests, provide proof of certification, as well as references.
Apply for this position
**You must be located in Canada and legally able to work in Canada to be considered for any of our roles - even our remote roles require you to be located somewhere in Canada and some still require you be in certain cities; please read the description closely**