We are looking for a Controller for our client, a growing global (CDN-US-UK) distribution organization serving salons and stylists across the globe. This is a full-time permanent position, 37.5 hours per week, working in-house in Niagara.
The accounting professionals we are looking for will be/have:
- Professional, yet personable, in communication with internal and external clients
- Strong ability to maintain professional judgment, integrity, and confidentiality
- Top level attention to detail and accountability for the work you produce, maintain and manage
- Effective and professional in communicating with clients and partners verbally and in writing
- Committed and loyal with the desire to grow with the company and its clients
- Confident and comfortable working independently and in a collaborative team environment, giving and welcoming feedback and support to your colleagues
- Able to analyze a situation and investigate issues in order to resolve accurately
- Comfortable in a tech savvy environment and can quickly learn and understand new applications as needed to the best business development and management
- Big picture thinker, someone who appreciates entrepreneurship and is excited about helping an organization grow
The responsibilities in this role will be:
- Full-Cycle Bookkeeping (up to Trial Balance) for international organization (CDN/US/UK)
- Payroll Management includes processing and all government requirements monthly/annually, using Ceridian
- Sales tax calculations and government remittances for GST/HST, EHT, WSIB, Corporate taxes etc.
- Period-end analysis and reviews; adjustments and G/L management
- Monthly management reporting and special projects
- Maintain policies and procedures for all processes and identify opportunities for improvement
Qualifications & Technology skills that you need are:
- 3- 5 years of accounting and bookkeeping experience is required
- 2 years of experience in distribution, is an asset
- Experience in E-Commerce applications, such as Amazon Accounting, Shopify, etc.
- Experience working in a business with international accounting needs (US / UK)
- Post-secondary education (college, university, trade) in accounting or bookkeeping (Certificate or diploma), resulting in strong knowledge of accounting fundamentals and GAAP
- Multiple years of experience in Sage 50 accounting software for day-to-day business accounting for multiple businesses is required
- Experience or familiarity with NetSuite ERP is an asset
- Experience or familiarity with Ceridian payroll system
- Experience calculating and submitting GST/HST returns to the CRA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced abilities in Excel and Outlook
Why is this a great place to work at?
- Benefits package of 3-month probation period, including dental and paramedical benefits
- Excellent growth potential for someone who is willing, and wants, to learn
- Progressive growing organization that prioritizes delivering value to clients so they can reach their goals
- Long standing family business where they are passionate about adding incredible people into their team and making them a part of the “family”
If this sounds like you and you would like to be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Only serious and qualified applicants will be considered. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted and will be required to complete accounting aptitude and software tests, provide proof of certification, as well as references.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for this position
**You must be located in Canada and legally able to work in Canada to be considered for any of our roles - even our remote roles require you to be located somewhere in Canada and some still require you be in certain cities; please read the description closely**