We are looking for SR Bookkeeper for our client, a mid-sized cloud accounting firm in Toronto that works primarily with small and medium sized businesses. This is a full-time permanent position, 37.5 hours per week, working remotely.
The accounting professionals we are looking for will be/have:
- Professional, yet personable, in communication with internal and external clients
- Strong ability to maintain professional judgment and integrity
- Top level attention to detail and accountability for the work you produce, maintain and manage
- Effective and professional in communicating with clients and partners verbally and in writing
- Committed and loyal with the desire to grow with the company and its clients
- Confident to work to work autonomously in a remote environment in support for multiple clients and deadlines across various industries, simultaneously
- Able to analyze a situation and investigate issues in order to resolve accurately and to assist clients in meeting their own challenges and provide them value-added solutions
- Comfortable in a tech savvy environment and can quickly learn and understand new applications in order to support clients and provide real-time bookkeeping
The responsibilities in this role will be:
- Full-Cycle Bookkeeping (up to Trial Balance) for many different businesses
- Payroll Management for small to large sized organizations which includes weekly/bi-weekly processing and all government requirements monthly/annually
- Sales tax calculations and government remittances for GST/HST, EHT, WSIB, Corporate taxes etc.
- Period-end analysis and reviews; adjustments and G/L management
- Use of electronic document storage/receipt management (Hubdoc/Dext)
Qualifications & Technology skills that you need are:
- 3- 5 years of Accounting and bookkeeping experience is required, preferably within a multiple business organization (i.e. you have worked on multiple clients’ accounts at any given time) such as another accounting firm
- Multiple year experience in preparing GST/HST filings and comfort with liaising with the CRA
- Post-secondary education (college, university, trade) in accounting or bookkeeping (Certificate or diploma), resulting in strong knowledge of accounting fundamentals and GAAP
- Experience using QuickBooks Online accounting software for day-to-day business accounting for multiple businesses
- Familiarity with integrated applications for QBO such as Dext, Hubdoc, Wagepoint
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced abilities in Excel and Outlook
Why is this a great place to work at?
- Flexible work schedule and remote working
- Excellent career growth potential for someone who is willing, and wants, to learn
- Benefit program and allowance to ensure their team is working at peak performance and maintaining their well-being
- Progressive organization that prioritizes delivering value to clients so they can reach their goals
If this sounds like you and you would like to be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Only serious and qualified applicants will be considered. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted and will be required to complete accounting aptitude and software tests, provide proof of certification, as well as references.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for this position
**You must be located in Canada and legally able to work in Canada to be considered for any of our roles - even our remote roles require you to be located somewhere in Canada and some still require you be in certain cities; please read the description closely**