We are looking for bookkeeper for our client, a small family-run textile business in Montreal. This is a full-time permanent position, 37.5 hours per week, in-house at their Montreal office; you must have the ability to commute to the office in Montreal daily.
The accounting professional we are looking for will be/have:
Professional, yet personable, in all communications; very comfortable dealing with clients
- Strong ability to maintain professional judgment and integrity
- Top level attention to detail and accountability for the work you produce, maintain and manage
- Passionate about bookkeeping and committed and loyal to small business
- Confident to work to work autonomously and within a team environment; able to follow processes clearly
- Able to analyze a situation and investigate issues in order to resolve accurately; not afraid to ask questions or lend a hand to a co-worker in need
The responsibilities in this role will be:
- Full-Cycle Bookkeeping using Sage 50
- Payroll Management which includes weekly/bi-weekly processing and all government requirements monthly/annually (Federal and Quebec requirements)
- Sales tax calculations and government remittances for GST, QST, EHT, etc.
- Liaise with year-end tax accountant
- Administrative functions such as dealing with clients directly, supporting owner, etc.
- Use of e-commerce platforms, Shopify and Stripe
Qualifications & Technology skills that you need are:
- 3+ years of accounting and bookkeeping experience is required
- Post-secondary education (college, university, trade) in accounting or bookkeeping (Certificate or diploma) is preferred
- Experience using Sage 50 accounting software for day-to-day business accounting
- 2+ years’ experience processing payroll in Sage 50
- Other software where experience is preferred is Square, Shopify, Amazon, Google Docs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced abilities in Excel
Why is this a great place to work at?
- Casual atmosphere with flexible work schedule; not a high-pressure work environment
- Excellent career growth potential for someone who is willing to learn
- Forward thinking, growing organization moving more and more online
If this sounds like you and you would like to be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Only serious and qualified applicants will be considered. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted and will be required to complete accounting aptitude and software tests, provide proof of certification, as well as references.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for this position
**You must be located in Canada and legally able to work in Canada to be considered for any of our roles - even our remote roles require you to be located somewhere in Canada and some still require you be in certain cities; please read the description closely**