We are looking for a SR Staff Accountant (Year End & Compliance) for our client, a mid-sized accounting firm in Vancouver, BC. This is a full-time, employment position of 37.5 hours per week. This position requires someone within proximity of the office space (East Vancouver) for training and meetings, but will allow for remote work as well.
The SR Bookkeeper we are looking for will need to be:
- Professional, yet personable, in communication with internal and external clients
- An outstanding communicator, written and verbal.
- Comfortable in a tech savvy environment and can quickly learn and understand new applications.
- Organized and able to work independently and maintain professional judgment.
- Give top level attention to detail and accountability for the work they produce and maintain.
- Confident to work with multiple clients across various industries, simultaneously.
- Able to analyze a situation and investigate issues to resolve accurately and efficiently.
- Able to maintain focus on all work while multitasking in a busy, and potentially distracting, environment.
- A solutions architect, out of the box thinker, creating efficiencies in processes, and solving problems effectively as they arise.
- A team player, working alongside firm colleagues but also with client in-house teams.
- Dedicated to maintaining and growing the current client base through consistent and knowledgeable service.
The responsibilities in this role will be:
- Full-Cycle Bookkeeping (up to Trial Balance) for many different businesses, using QuickBooks Online
- Knowledge of Year-End processes and financial reporting
- Preparation of working papers from start to finish
- Assists with tax preparation of T1, T2, T3 and T5, GST and Charity returns, managing junior staff
- Adherence to quality control policy and procedures.
- Identify inefficiencies and provide solutions for customer service deliverables.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple projects
- Bookkeeping tasks as needed.
Qualifications & Technology skills that you need are:
- 3-5 years of accounting and bookkeeping experience, preferably within a multiple business support organization (accounting or bookkeeping firm or non-profit)
- Experience with Pro-Tax, Caseware or any tax programs
- Minimum of 2 years working with QuickBooks Online (Required)
- Minimum of 2 year working with payroll in Quickbooks Online
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; specifically Excel and Word
- Familiarity with Sharefile (asset)
- Willingness to learn new software as required.
Why is this a great place to work at?
- Flexibility and easy access to office location, near major road access and subway station
- Excellent career growth potential for someone who is willing, and wants, to learn
- Friendly office environment with a focus on community, especially in non-profit area
- Progressive organization that prioritizes delivering value to clients and their communities
If this sounds like you and you would like to be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Only serious and qualified applicants will be considered. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted and will be required to complete accounting aptitude and software tests, provide proof of certification, as well as references.
We may contact applicants via email or phone number provided. If your number is a cell phone, we may text you to confirm your invitation or to send meeting reminders.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for this position
**You must be located in Canada and legally able to work in Canada to be considered for any of our roles - even our remote roles require you to be located somewhere in Canada and some still require you be in certain cities; please read the description closely**