We are looking for SR Staff Accountant (SR Bookkeeper Manager) for our client, a mid-sized accounting firm in Vancouver, BC. This is a full-time, employment position of 37.5 hours per week. This position requires someone within proximity of the office space (East Vancouver) for training and meetings, but will allow for remote work as well.
The accounting professionals we are looking for will be/have:
- Professional, yet personable, in communication with internal and external clients
- Strong ability to maintain professional judgment and integrity
- Top level attention to detail and accountability for the work you produce, maintain and manage
- Effective and professional in communicating with clients and partners verbally and in writing
- Committed and loyal with the desire to grow with the company and its clients
- Confident to work to work autonomously in a remote environment in support for multiple clients and deadlines across various industries, simultaneously
- Able to analyze a situation and investigate issues in order to resolve accurately and to assist clients in meeting their own challenges and provide them value-added solutions
- Comfortable in a tech savvy environment and can quickly learn and understand new applications in order to support clients and provide real-time bookkeeping
- An effective leader for their team providing guidance, support, and training as needed for the team to grow and gain new skills
The responsibilities in this role will be:
- Full-Cycle Bookkeeping (up to Trial Balance) for many different businesses, using QuickBooks Online
- Manage a team of JR staff for bookkeeping work to financial statements
- Provide training as needed to JR staff, and change implementation as necessary for efficiencies
- Payroll Management/Supervision for small to large sized organizations which includes weekly/bi-weekly processing and all government requirements monthly/annually
- Sales tax calculations and government remittances for GST, PST, EHT, WSIB, Corporate taxes etc.
- Period-end analysis and reviews; adjustments and G/L management
- Use of electronic document storage/receipt management (Sharefile)
Qualifications & Technology skills that you need are:
- 3- 5 years of full-cycle accounting and bookkeeping experience is required, preferably within an accounting firm environment
- Experience in accounting for non-profit organizations (asset)
- Multiple year experience in preparing GST, PST filings and comfort with liaising with the CRA (required)
- Post-secondary education (college, university, trade) in accounting or bookkeeping (Certificate or diploma), resulting in strong knowledge of accounting fundamentals and GAAP (required)
- CPA or CPA student is an asset but not required
- Management experience of a team of bookkeepers, providing training and ensuring accuracy of the team member’s work (required)
- Experience using QuickBooks Online accounting software for day-to-day business accounting for multiple businesses (required)
- Experience in preparation of financial statements, review of same, for annual income tax returns (asset)
- Familiarity with Sharefile (asset)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced abilities in Excel and Outlook
Why is this a great place to work at?
- Flexibility and easy access to office location, near major road access and subway station
- Excellent career growth potential for someone who is willing, and wants, to learn
- Friendly office environment with a focus on community, especially in non-profit area
- Progressive organization that prioritizes delivering value to clients and their communities
If this sounds like you and you would like to be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Only serious and qualified applicants will be considered. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted and will be required to complete accounting aptitude and software tests, provide proof of certification, as well as references.
We may contact applicants via email or phone number provided. If your number is a cell phone, we may text you to confirm your invitation or to send meeting reminders.
We look forward to hearing from you!