Find Our Bookkeeper™, a recruitment service focused on accounting and bookkeeping professionals is growing!
We have a very important role to fill; we are looking for someone who has worked in accounting and who has experience in hiring and recruitment who is looking for a change and wants to work with us in assessment and recruitment of fellow accounting professionals for Canadian businesses and accounting/bookkeeping firms.
This person will be our Recruitment and Relationship Specialist, joining us as we continue to service businesses across Canada and help connect them with the best bookkeeper for them.
The right candidate will:
- Have amazing communication. Both verbal and written as you will be doing a lot of video calls, talking, and emailing and more with our bookkeepers, businesses, and partners across Canada.
- Fluent in English and preferably fluent in French as well as we work in both official languages.
- Have an engaging personality and positive attitude. We need someone who can not only do the work but backs it up with the right attitude and drive to learn and excel.
- Have the confidence to figure out how to meet their challenges and be creative in their solutions without being micro-managed
- Comfort with working with all types of business owners and bookkeepers. We meet a diverse group of people from Coast to Coast. You need to be able to switch hats from speaking to a business and working with a bookkeeper as they both have different needs.
- Be tech savvy. We need someone who is comfortable in using online tools (job boards etc.), but also someone who is comfortable with Excel, Zoom, Teams, as well as applicant tracking systems.
- Be a relationship builder. We work with organizations across Canada, and we are looking to continue building our partnerships with schools and business organizations and we need someone who will be comfortable to reach out and engage.
- Be creative. Working in accounting is not always prone to creativity but finding the best accounting professional may require some when it comes to placement ads and connecting with the professionals in a new way to reach the gems of our industry.
- Be an Independent thinker. We need someone who can be given a task and will do the research and work through it without needing to be micromanaged. Someone confident in their abilities that can bring ideas to the table for the whole team.
Important qualifications needed are:
- Experience in full cycle recruitment experience preferred. We would like someone who understands how recruitment works and has experience in interviewing, hiring, and how to find the best people across Canada.
- Experience in bookkeeping or accounting. We need someone who understands the foundation of accounting to help assess those we want to consider for roles.
The responsibilities in this role will be:
- Application and resume review of candidates for various bookkeeping roles across Canada
- Interpretation of aptitude assessments
- Perform employment and reference checks
- Relationship building with educational institutions, employment centres, and other professional organizations across Canada
We are looking for someone who will grow with us, and help our program reach the next level of its potential and bring something to the table, so we can be more efficient and effective in what we do for our clients.
Remuneration is commensurate with experience and will be discussed during the interview.
Apply for this position
**You must be located in Canada and legally able to work in Canada to be considered for any of our roles - even our remote roles require you to be located somewhere in Canada and some still require you be in certain cities; please read the description closely**